Swiss Bakery owner Michael Siu earned Certified Master Baker status in 2010 – congrats!
Certified Master Baker (CMB – from the Retail Bakers of America)
A baker at this level and for this designation participates in a broad range of complex, technical or professional work activities, performed in a wide variety of contexts with a substantial degree of personal responsibility and autonomy.
- Responsibility for the work of others and allocation of resources.
- Has the technical and administrative skills necessary to operate and manage the production area of a full-line independent or in-store commercial bakery.
- Must produce high quality bakery foods, and demonstrate a basic knowledge about the principles of sanitation, management, retail sales/merchandising and training.
A Certified Master Baker requires:
- A minimum of eight years of verifiable full-time commercial/retail baking experience.
- Achieve a passing score of 70%.
- Achieve a passing score on a two-day practical test administered by RBA.